I never thought I would be saying this but, "Welcome to my blog." (There is just something about the word "blog" that I do not like.) This blog is a series of observations about the world of management consulting in North America in which my colleagues and I practice. I have been journaling about my experiences in consulting since 1996, and figured it was well past time to move that operation on-line.
Admittedly, I am very late to the blogging game. But better late than never, right? This blog will focus on the small and local; those daily situations in which consultants and clients find themselves, and what is happening to the fundamentals of the practice. But I am not trying to kid anyone here. The primary purpose of this blog is as a cathartic release for me just as my journal and ears of my friends used to provide (and still are to some degree).
However, the power of a blog opens my experiences up to the perspectives and reactions of others which I am truly looking forward to. Being a consultant, it naturally occurs to me to ask:
1) To what degree will my experiences be shared by readers of the blog?, and
2) Will my opinions and feelings about those experiences be confirmed or contradicted?
These statements sound sort of like hypotheses, don't they? Well, no surprise there. Anyway, I hope all visitors to this blog come away with one or more of the following: a chuckle, an insight, an epiphany, a connection, a knowing smile, some empathy, a fresh take, or confirmation that the grass is not greener somewhere else.
Hi Cutie,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on starting your blog and I am excited to read your next post. Sending you a bucket from Nantucket full of luck.